Teaching skiing and/or riding is all about building relationships with your guests. You need to get to know your guests, find out what they want to do and then help them achieve their goals.
The following are the prerequisites we are looking for in our instructor candidates. You need to be able to prove that you have all of the characteristics listed below during your interview regardless of whether you would like to teach kids, adults, skiing or snowboarding.
• A passion for working with people.
• A passion for skiing and/or riding.
• The ability to communicate easily, naturally and empathetically with different people from all walks of life and from all over the world.
• The ability to ski and/or ride blue terrain (or more difficult terrain) confidently and comfortably.
• An openness and willingness to deal with new ideas, feedback and doing things differently.
• Experience of working with kids or in a guest service orientated job.
• A willingness to teach kids. The majority of our guests are children.
• Realistic expectations of what the job involves (we will give you a good idea of what to expect during the interview).