• Beginning in 2012, Heavenly and the Epic Promise Program partnered with the Tahoe Fund to raise money for the National Forests
of the Lake Tahoe Basin by asking guests to contribute $1 for each
season pass or lift ticket they buy. The Tahoe Fund is an organization that works to restore Tahoe's forest health, improve access to outdoor recreation, and improve water quality in and around the Lake Tahoe region.
• Over $100,000 has been donated to The Tahoe Fund since 2012.
• Heavenly partners with South Tahoe Refuse
for source separation of trash, preventing its recyclables from being
sent to the landfill. In 2012 Heavenly launched the Blue Bag program at
all of it’s lodges to further increase recycling diversion and now has a dedicated recycling area at the Cal Lodge. Since 2006
South Tahoe Refuse has increased it’s landfill diversion rate from 38%
to 64% in 2014.
• 'Compost Your Combustibles' is an annual event hosted by Heavenly and
coordinated with the Tahoe-Douglas Fire Protection District and South Tahoe Refuse.
This program encourages locals to bring their yard wastes to Heavenly
for source separation and re-use on the mountain for summer erosion
control. Through this program the Nevada communities near our Stagecoach and Boulder Base Areas divert over 400 tons of waste from
going to the landfill every year.
• Heavenly’s lodges have been outfitted with low-flow fixtures to conserve water.
• In April 2014 Heavenly's California Main Lodge added two electric car chargers for our guests and environmentally conscious Tahoe travelers.
• In November 2014 Heavenly purchased 3 New Puma SMI portable fan guns (pictured above in action.) This project will result in $1,000 in rebates from utility providers, and will save nearly 12,000 kwh's (kilowatt hours) over the old equipment.
• Heavenly has recycled over 120 tons of scrap metal since 2012.
• Heavenly collects over 1,000 gallons of fryer oil from our restaurants each year for Sequential Oil to reuse as biofuel and other products.
• Heavenly's restaurants continue to use baskets, durables, and reusable silverware leading to a decrease
in waste production while also saving energy and water.
• Heavenly’s Tamarack Lodge is LEED certified and was the 2012 recipient of a Best in Basin award from The TRPA for excellence in
• Heavenly’s lodges have been retrofitted with energy efficient lighting
and heating for a significant decrease in energy consumption.
• Heavenly's Terrain Park Crew is constantly being creative with recycling and re-purposing what would otherwise be considered garbage into innovative, world class features. They currently have over 35 recycled features in their stash, which might be the largest recycled fleet in the Tahoe area...maybe even the US.
• During summer months, we focus on water and energy efficiency. We work hard to protect our watersheds, wildlife habitats, soil, and natural environment whenever we are restoring our slopes, trails, and roads.
• Heavenly protects the Tahoe Draba, a sensitive, high-alpine plant
species unique to the Lake Tahoe Basin, through management activities
including protective exclusion fencing. We also offer interpretive information for
guests, employee training and avoidance.