We're proud to support the Take Care Tahoe initiative to keep the Tahoe Basin beautiful.
To see all of our partners, apply for grants, or learn more about the Epic Promise program go to EpicPromise.com
Vail Resorts Epic Promise-
• 10% Energy reduction goal achieved in 2011, future goal is the “Next 10” energy reduction by 2020. As of 2014 we've reduced our energy usage by 16%
• Over 7 million annually in cash and in-kind donations given to 235 non-profits in the communities where we operate our world class resorts and properties.
• Locally here at Heavenly over 350 employees helped plant over 1000
sugar pine seedlings in the Angora Fire burn area and restored 1.2 miles of the Tahoe Mountain Trail system, during Epic Promise Day 2014. Heavenly once again had the highest overall participation rate within Vail Resorts during this volunteer effort.
• Heavenly has partnered with the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, the
USDA Forest Service and Mt. Rose Ski Area to undertake genetic testing
of the Tahoe Draba with the goal of preparing a long-term conservation
strategy and management plan to ensure the success of the species.
• Heavenly serves as a founding co-chair of the Lake Tahoe
Transportation and Water Quality Coalition, a public-private partnership
that implements an annual legislative agenda designed to bring state
and federal funds to Lake Tahoe in order to implement restoration
projects throughout the Basin which help the region attain and maintain
the adopted Environmental Threshold Carrying Capacity standards.
• Heavenly serves as a member of the Lake Tahoe Federal Advisory
Committee which oversees and directs the implementation of the Federal
Lake Tahoe Restoration Act.
• Heavenly serves as a committee member of the Tahoe Earth Day Foundation
which strives to educate the general public regarding the Lake Tahoe and
Truckee region’s unique beauty and how to preserve and protect it.
• Now in its 12th season, Heavenly has partnered with the USDA Forest
Service, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit to offer the Winter Trek
Program, an environmental education program for 5th graders that takes
place at the top of the Heavenly Gondola.